CIG is located in the Earth and Physical Sciences Building at the University of California at Davis.
|Computational Infrastructure for Geodynamics|
|2119 Earth and Physical Sciences Building|
|One Shields Avenue|
|University of California, Davis, CA 95616|
By PlaneThe closest airport is Sacramento International Airport (SMF) . In addition, transportation links are available from both San Francisco International Airport (SFO) and Oakland International Airport (OAK) .
The Davis Airporter provides shuttle service to and from SMF and SFO.
By TrainAmtrak's Capitol Corridor and Coast Starlight lines provide daily service to Davis, providing an easy way to reach UC Davis from the Bay Area or points along the western coastline. Travelers from Berkeley or San Francisco may want to catch BART to Richmond and change to Amtrak there.
The Davis train station is a short walk from campus.
- Take the UC Davis exit
- Turn north on to Old Davis Road
- Proceed past the Information Booth, continuing towards the Mondavi Center
- Navigate around traffic circle, turning left onto La Rue Road. EPS (Earth and Physical Sciences building) will be the first building on your right on the northeast corner of La Rue Road and Crocker Lane.
- See the UC Davis Campus map
- Head south on Earhart Dr toward Lindbergh Dr - go 0.4 mi
- Slight right to stay on Earhart Dr - go 0.5 mi
- Continue onto Airport Blvd - go 0.9 mi
- Take the ramp onto I-5 S - go 5.8 mi
- Take exit 522 to merge onto I-80 W toward San Francisco - go 15.4 mi
- Take exit 71 toward U C Davis - go 0.3 mi
- Turn right onto Old Davis Rd - go 0.4 mi
- Turn left onto La Rue Road - go 0.2 mi
- Destination will be on the right
Visitor parking is available in Visitor Parking Lots everyday, and in Parking Lots on weekends except during special events.
A valid UCD permit is required to park on campus. Daily Visitor Permits (VP) are available for $7.00 and may be purchased from permit dispensing machines located at the entrances to VP Lots. See Visitor Parking.
Permits (receipts) should be displayed on the driver's side dashboard of the vehicle. Visitor permits are not honored in restricted spaces.
Closest Lots are VP1, VP2 and VP47. See parking map.