[CIG-MC] CitComCU bottom permeable boundary condition

Norm Sleep norm at pangea.stanford.edu
Sun Apr 29 10:07:08 PDT 2007

Has anyone implemented a permeable bottom boundary condition for any
of the CitCom codes? I know how to do this in 2-D stream function but
I have not tried it in 3-D?  That is,fluid exits the domain
perpendicular to the boundary, comes in at a given temperature, and
the boundary does no work on the domain of calculations.

If not, is there another public source code that does this?

Moore, W. B., G. Schubert, and P. Tackley (1998) Three-dimensional
simulations of plume-lithosphere interaction at the Hawaiian swell,
Science, 279, 1008-1011.

thank you

Norm Sleep